Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: August 30th, 2016, 8:58 pm 
Speedball II (Darrion Grobe) Fan

http://www.avclub.com/article/its-rumor ... ior-241938

Bananas.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2016, 10:00 am 
Scarlet Spider (Ben Riley) Fan

Here're some more news regarding the NEW WARRIORS Live Action TV Series @ ........

From TV Live.Com

PS......Seriously, folks...?? [Highlight Spoiler] SQUIRREL GIRL as a member on this Team ....??

:? :?:

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2016, 9:58 am 

She was a member on Ultimate Spider-Man.

If they're smart about it - and if this ever really gets off the ground(!) - they'll do a mix of new and old, probably Nova-Alexander and Kamala Khan, then maybe Speedball and Justice for the Guardians of the Galaxy connection.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 9:03 am 
Site Admin

I am not one of much faith. I think it's going to be a Squirrel Girl & Friends kind of thing (similar to DC's current Harley Quinn comic).

PostPosted: September 28th, 2016, 8:44 am 

Rumoured lineup, via ScreenGeek

Quote:
The team makeup of the current version of the show being shopped around consists of Speedball, Justice, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Night Thrasher, and Rage. The tone is very light, and won’t be too focused on action, more about character interaction. Netflix is more interested in adding this as a new show than, say, a seventh hour-long drama, but other outlets such as Hulu, WGN, Freeform, and ABC are also deliberating on whether or not they want the project.

PostPosted: October 11th, 2016, 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

thepowell wrote:
Rumoured lineup, via ScreenGeek

Quote:
The team makeup of the current version of the show being shopped around consists of Speedball, Justice, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Night Thrasher, and Rage. The tone is very light, and won’t be too focused on action, more about character interaction. Netflix is more interested in adding this as a new show than, say, a seventh hour-long drama, but other outlets such as Hulu, WGN, Freeform, and ABC are also deliberating on whether or not they want the project.

That gives me a little more faith... despite my dislike of the new Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl... :)

PostPosted: October 28th, 2016, 12:24 pm 
Phaser Fan

If they were going for a "very light tone" to the show, they literally picked four of the LEAST likely regular NW that I would have guessed. Rage deliberately killed someone (and is defined by...well, rage). Night Thrasher has generally been portrayed as having anger issues, and has ALSO deliberately killed a person. Justice killed his father and is not generally known for his levity. Speedball IS sort of a fit for the tone, if you completely ignore Civil War and the fact that his humor was a defense mechanism to deal with his fractured home life.

Barrel of laughs?

On top of that, Speedy and Ms. Marvel have power sets that seem expensive to do in live action.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

smoneil wrote:
If they were going for a "very light tone" to the show, they literally picked four of the LEAST likely regular NW that I would have guessed. Rage deliberately killed someone (and is defined by...well, rage). Night Thrasher has generally been portrayed as having anger issues, and has ALSO deliberately killed a person. Justice killed his father and is not generally known for his levity. Speedball IS sort of a fit for the tone, if you completely ignore Civil War and the fact that his humor was a defense mechanism to deal with his fractured home life.

Barrel of laughs?

On top of that, Speedy and Ms. Marvel have power sets that seem expensive to do in live action.

Well, you're assuming comic book continuity would be used for the cartoons. When has that ever happened? :)

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 4:59 pm 
Phaser Fan

True enough, I guess. It would be REALLY weird seeing Thrash and Rage being goofy though. Also, is this a cartoon or a live-action show? I thought it was the latter, but I haven't been paying that close of attention.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

smoneil wrote:
True enough, I guess. It would be REALLY weird seeing Thrash and Rage being goofy though. Also, is this a cartoon or a live-action show? I thought it was the latter, but I haven't been paying that close of attention.

I am assuming cartoon. But yes, I had thought live action too.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2016, 7:32 am 

Yeah, if I were making a "light-hearted" New Warriors series, I could think of a better roster:

Squirrel Girl
Speedball
Turbo
Slapstick
Alex Power
Hummingbird
and then, sure, some "serious" characters like Justice, Firestar (provided they omit some of the darker things from their histories)

PostPosted: November 26th, 2016, 12:44 am 
Slapstick Fan

I heard it was a live-action show, not a cartoon.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2017, 6:38 am 

omfg

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-unbeatable-s ... 1794028670

PostPosted: April 5th, 2017, 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

thepowell wrote:

Not thrilled with the description...

Looks like a Vol 3 version... where it's slap stick comedy... Speedball would work well with that show, but ... I dunno. I feel like the New Warriors have always been treated as a joke.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2017, 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

Sharing some info and thoughts...
http://newwarriors.com/archives/2805

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next