It is currently June 25th, 2017, 8:29 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: August 30th, 2016, 8:58 pm 
Speedball II (Darrion Grobe) Fan
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 1:32 am
Posts: 1045
Location: Toronto, ON
http://www.avclub.com/article/its-rumor ... ior-241938

Bananas.

_________________
"We saved the world. We undid this great wrong.. We did that--the unknowns, the sideliners, the rejects.. The thing that's bugging me.. is nobody will ever know we did it." - Speedball
"But don't you see? That's what makes us heroes." - Darkhawk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: August 31st, 2016, 10:00 am 
Scarlet Spider (Ben Riley) Fan
User avatar

Joined: August 30th, 2005, 4:48 pm
Posts: 916
Here're some more news regarding the NEW WARRIORS Live Action TV Series @ ........

From TV Live.Com

PS......Seriously, folks...?? [Highlight Spoiler] SQUIRREL GIRL as a member on this Team ....??

:? :?:

_________________
PaxHouse


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2016, 9:58 am 
Speedball II (Darrion Grobe) Fan
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 1:32 am
Posts: 1045
Location: Toronto, ON
She was a member on Ultimate Spider-Man.

If they're smart about it - and if this ever really gets off the ground(!) - they'll do a mix of new and old, probably Nova-Alexander and Kamala Khan, then maybe Speedball and Justice for the Guardians of the Galaxy connection.

_________________
"We saved the world. We undid this great wrong.. We did that--the unknowns, the sideliners, the rejects.. The thing that's bugging me.. is nobody will ever know we did it." - Speedball
"But don't you see? That's what makes us heroes." - Darkhawk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 9:03 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2005, 10:25 am
Posts: 2292
I am not one of much faith. I think it's going to be a Squirrel Girl & Friends kind of thing (similar to DC's current Harley Quinn comic).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: September 28th, 2016, 8:44 am 
Speedball II (Darrion Grobe) Fan
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 1:32 am
Posts: 1045
Location: Toronto, ON
Rumoured lineup, via ScreenGeek

Quote:
The team makeup of the current version of the show being shopped around consists of Speedball, Justice, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Night Thrasher, and Rage. The tone is very light, and won’t be too focused on action, more about character interaction. Netflix is more interested in adding this as a new show than, say, a seventh hour-long drama, but other outlets such as Hulu, WGN, Freeform, and ABC are also deliberating on whether or not they want the project.

_________________
"We saved the world. We undid this great wrong.. We did that--the unknowns, the sideliners, the rejects.. The thing that's bugging me.. is nobody will ever know we did it." - Speedball
"But don't you see? That's what makes us heroes." - Darkhawk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 11th, 2016, 12:06 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2005, 10:25 am
Posts: 2292
thepowell wrote:
Rumoured lineup, via ScreenGeek

Quote:
The team makeup of the current version of the show being shopped around consists of Speedball, Justice, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Night Thrasher, and Rage. The tone is very light, and won’t be too focused on action, more about character interaction. Netflix is more interested in adding this as a new show than, say, a seventh hour-long drama, but other outlets such as Hulu, WGN, Freeform, and ABC are also deliberating on whether or not they want the project.


That gives me a little more faith... despite my dislike of the new Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 28th, 2016, 12:24 pm 
Phaser Fan

Joined: December 19th, 2005, 9:55 pm
Posts: 147
If they were going for a "very light tone" to the show, they literally picked four of the LEAST likely regular NW that I would have guessed. Rage deliberately killed someone (and is defined by...well, rage). Night Thrasher has generally been portrayed as having anger issues, and has ALSO deliberately killed a person. Justice killed his father and is not generally known for his levity. Speedball IS sort of a fit for the tone, if you completely ignore Civil War and the fact that his humor was a defense mechanism to deal with his fractured home life.

Barrel of laughs?

On top of that, Speedy and Ms. Marvel have power sets that seem expensive to do in live action.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 3:25 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2005, 10:25 am
Posts: 2292
smoneil wrote:
If they were going for a "very light tone" to the show, they literally picked four of the LEAST likely regular NW that I would have guessed. Rage deliberately killed someone (and is defined by...well, rage). Night Thrasher has generally been portrayed as having anger issues, and has ALSO deliberately killed a person. Justice killed his father and is not generally known for his levity. Speedball IS sort of a fit for the tone, if you completely ignore Civil War and the fact that his humor was a defense mechanism to deal with his fractured home life.

Barrel of laughs?

On top of that, Speedy and Ms. Marvel have power sets that seem expensive to do in live action.


Well, you're assuming comic book continuity would be used for the cartoons. When has that ever happened? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 4:59 pm 
Phaser Fan

Joined: December 19th, 2005, 9:55 pm
Posts: 147
True enough, I guess. It would be REALLY weird seeing Thrash and Rage being goofy though. Also, is this a cartoon or a live-action show? I thought it was the latter, but I haven't been paying that close of attention.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 8:52 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2005, 10:25 am
Posts: 2292
smoneil wrote:
True enough, I guess. It would be REALLY weird seeing Thrash and Rage being goofy though. Also, is this a cartoon or a live-action show? I thought it was the latter, but I haven't been paying that close of attention.


I am assuming cartoon. But yes, I had thought live action too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 15th, 2016, 7:32 am 
Speedball II (Darrion Grobe) Fan
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 1:32 am
Posts: 1045
Location: Toronto, ON
Yeah, if I were making a "light-hearted" New Warriors series, I could think of a better roster:

Squirrel Girl
Speedball
Turbo
Slapstick
Alex Power
Hummingbird
and then, sure, some "serious" characters like Justice, Firestar (provided they omit some of the darker things from their histories)

_________________
"We saved the world. We undid this great wrong.. We did that--the unknowns, the sideliners, the rejects.. The thing that's bugging me.. is nobody will ever know we did it." - Speedball
"But don't you see? That's what makes us heroes." - Darkhawk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 26th, 2016, 12:44 am 
Slapstick Fan

Joined: September 10th, 2005, 9:29 pm
Posts: 63
I heard it was a live-action show, not a cartoon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 5th, 2017, 6:38 am 
Speedball II (Darrion Grobe) Fan
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 1:32 am
Posts: 1045
Location: Toronto, ON
omfg

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-unbeatable-s ... 1794028670

_________________
"We saved the world. We undid this great wrong.. We did that--the unknowns, the sideliners, the rejects.. The thing that's bugging me.. is nobody will ever know we did it." - Speedball
"But don't you see? That's what makes us heroes." - Darkhawk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 5th, 2017, 2:29 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2005, 10:25 am
Posts: 2292
thepowell wrote:


Not thrilled with the description...

Looks like a Vol 3 version... where it's slap stick comedy... Speedball would work well with that show, but ... I dunno. I feel like the New Warriors have always been treated as a joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 5th, 2017, 4:55 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2005, 10:25 am
Posts: 2292
Sharing some info and thoughts...
http://newwarriors.com/archives/2805


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by New Warriors® Taylor Industries © The Crashpad